Can't sell this on eBay!

J

OCCUPY LoD :)
Here you go...for all the crazies!

BUM FIGHTS 1, 2, 3, and 4!!!!

Stuff029.jpg

From Wiki...

Bumfights is a controversial film series created by Indecline Films. The videos feature homeless men in the San Diego and Las Vegas metropolitan areas fighting and attempting amateur stunts in exchange for money, alcohol, and other incentives. The first video, Bumfights: A Cause for Concern, was produced by Ryen McPherson, with friends Zachary Bubeck, Daniel J. Tanner, and Michael Slyman, as Indecline Films. Shortly after sales began to escalate, Indecline Films sold the rights to two investors,[1] who went on to produce three sequels.

The videos immediately gained criticism from the mainstream public.[citation needed] The US-based National Coalition for the Homeless (NCH) has stated that the Bumfights videos disseminate hate against the homeless and dehumanize them.[2] In April 2006, the four original filmmakers agreed not to produce any more "Bumfights" videos or distribute videos already made, and to pay three homeless men depicted in the videos, under a settlement announced as a lawsuit was to go to trial.[3]

Bumfights videos
Bumfights: A Cause for Concern (2002)
Bumfights 2: Bumlife (2003)
Bumfights 3: The Felony Footage (2004)
Bumfights 4: Return Of Ruckus (2006)

[edit] Controversies
The videos have proven to be highly controversial. They have been banned in a number of countries including England, Scotland, Northern Ireland and Canada, and most traditional retail outlets have refused their sale.[citation needed] The popular internet auction site eBay routinely cancels listings which contain copies of the video, citing their policy which prohibits the sale of materials which promote or glorify violence.[citation needed] In the state of California, both felony and misdemeanor charges were filed against the producers, as well as civil lawsuits; in 2005,[citation needed] the producers were sentenced to six months in prison for having failed to complete the community service to which they had previously been sentenced.[citation needed] The filmmakers maintain that the production of the video was a mutually beneficial arrangement and that the homeless people depicted freely chose to participate.[citation needed]

The films have likewise been blamed for inspiring a number of violent teenage attacks on the homeless, both in the United States[4] and other countries[citation needed]. A group of suburban Nevada teenagers, who took on the moniker "311 Boyz", also faced criminal charges, including attempted murder, after filming several violent exploits inspired by Bumfights. The suspects attempted to make a profitable video by instigating fights around their neighborhoods, in some instances imposing on unwilling participants.

[edit] End of distribution
The courts involved in the lawsuits surrounding the Bumfights producers enforced the barring of further installments being produced, and stopped sales of videos already made.[citation needed] As a result, Bumfights videos were rendered available through illegal means only.

$100 shipped obo

J, I like you, but as law enforcement, aren't you supposed to set a standard of conduct better than that of the average guy?

If it were me, I'd burn those copies...

J, I like you, but as law enforcement, aren't you supposed to set a standard of conduct better than that of the average guy?

If it were me, I'd burn those copies...

If it were me, i'd burn copies for all interested parties. It's a good business venture. Lol

Well, considering I bought these BEFORE I became a cop, I figured I could atleast get my money back, lol! :D No need to bash me for it....and I'm not going to burn them, they are worth some dough!

Well, considering I bought these BEFORE I became a cop, I figured I could atleast get my money back, lol! :D No need to bash me for it....and I'm not going to burn them, they are worth some dough!

I tried my best not to bash you, because I know how you are at the present time. My thought was that these films were inspired by folks who paid people to be criminals, much like drug dealers or hitmen. They are the product of a crime, much like crystal meth or snuff films.

Let's put it this way...would you have any problem showing those DVDs to your fellow officers or your supervisor? There's your "acid" test.

I think it gives the homeless a chance to earn some money. Good for the producers... even though the homeless probly wasted it on booze / drugs and not getting their life on track. lol

I think it gives the homeless a chance to earn some money. Good for the producers... even though the homeless probly wasted it on booze / drugs and not getting their life on track. lol

Yeah...what's next?...Training dogs to kill other dogs for fun and profit? But pardon me, I forgot that dogs are of a higher status than the homeless.

Yeah...what's next?...Training dogs to kill other dogs for fun and profit? But pardon me, I forgot that dogs are of a higher status than the homeless.

They aren't killing eachother.. What about MMA and UFC... boxing? It's the same thing basically. If they consent to it and not killing eachother, it's basically the same as the former.

They aren't killing eachother.. What about MMA and UFC... boxing? It's the same thing basically. If they consent to it and not killing eachother, it's basically the same as the former.

Yup, the bumbs have free will and they wanted to fight unlike the dogs and cocks.

Do they really have free will, or are they mentally handicapped as many homeless are? Is it a case of them having nothing else to lose? Don't they deseve some dignity?

Then again, I'm not one to talk. I'm just trying to make up for my huge faux pas in Carlisle last year.

Do they really have free will, or are they mentally handicapped as many homeless are? Is it a case of them having nothing else to lose? Don't they deseve some dignity?

Then again, I'm not one to talk. I'm just trying to make up for my huge faux pas in Carlisle last year.

Where is this statistic that says that most of these homeless are mentally handicapped?
I don't condone those bum fights but I think I remember when they first came out and it was in the news that they all signed wavers. I watch boxing as well but I think it is kind of crazy to have a sport where the main objective to win is to knock your opponent out or at least daze them for 10 seconds. If you want to see a fight just watch a hockey game.

Where is this statistic that says that most of these homeless are mentally handicapped?
I don't condone those bum fights but I think I remember when they first came out and it was in the news that they all signed wavers. I watch boxing as well but I think it is kind of crazy to have a sport where the main objective to win is to knock your opponent out or at least daze them for 10 seconds. If you want to see a fight just watch a hockey game.

OK, I don't have stats on the mental stuff, and it could have changed now due to economic stress, but there were a lot of stories that the homeless were frequently (?) homeless due to psychological problems and not getting the help they needed.

Anyway, yeah, I won't watch boxing either, think it's disgusting. A hockey fight now and again can be fun, however. ;)

Yup, the bumbs have free will and they wanted to fight unlike the dogs and cocks.

That's all fine, but what about the vandalism and what not? (I don't know what is actually in the films...this is what someone else said they were doing.) It does give the bums free room and board (read: jail), but I'm sure the owners of the vandalized items/locations were not compensated.

Back