creaking noise from front right

I like the grease idea. The first thing that came to mind would be to cut a section of inner-tube (bicycle, or otherwise) to fit that space.

Of course, that might be a horrible idea. if the rubber degrades too quickly, you'll be left with some slop there, which could be bad. I hope someone here will say so if that's the case. ('cause I'd likely try it anyway...)

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 Build/FROYO) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

So I didn't feel like removing the strut just to grease it. So I just took off the three top nuts and put some high tack bar and chain oil in there with a syringe. And for the first time in I can't even remember its quiet. Oh so quiet.

Depending on how long it lasts I may just keep doing this. Otherwise i guess ill have to put something rubber in there.

Im gonna guess that either the new AAS strut had some rust on top off it, or the body of the car did there. Basses on the condition of the inside of the mounting hole for the solenoid, it wouldn't surprise me if it was the strut.

Last edited:
Wow good work. See...I should go back and count how many times I recommended that 6 dollar stethoscope. :D

My guess would be that there was corrosion build up prior to you swapping the struts and you didn't notice. I wouldn't blame the AAS strut unless you can be positive. Road grime is gonna fling up there as you drive and then eventually it will begin to build up. There is no type of gasket or anything to put there so what you could do is loosen the three bolts and get a small hand file up under there by jacking the car up a tad.

Heck.....you could even just have one small pebble stuck under there that you're tightening the strut mount against.

Wow good work. See...I should go back and count how many times I recommended that 6 dollar stethoscope. :D

My guess would be that there was corrosion build up prior to you swapping the struts and you didn't notice. I wouldn't blame the AAS strut unless you can be positive. Road grime is gonna fling up there as you drive and then eventually it will begin to build up. There is no type of gasket or anything to put there so what you could do is loosen the three bolts and get a small hand file up under there by jacking the car up a tad.

Heck.....you could even just have one small pebble stuck under there that you're tightening the strut mount against.

True, we'll have to wait till it starts creaking and getting on my nerves again enough for me to look take it apart.
Taking off the three bolts and raiding the car up is what I did, but I would have to let the pressure out of the bag to actually get the strut to lower out of the holes. and of course I couldn't get the sir line off of the solenoid, nor would the stupid thing vent itself with it raised up.

Back