console parts

car_man58

Registered
HELP!!!!! I need a complete lower center console to get the ash tray assembly and beverage center working again. I have been searching high and low. It seems that 97-98 parts are scarce? any one with some info out there I would really appreciate it. My wife and I have 2 97's and a 94' that I drive....I bought the other 97' thinking I would retire my 170,000 mile 94'....but it's the one that gives me NO TROUBLES!..seems I'm always on the lookout for something.Thanks Car_man58

RE: console parts

I can't tell you where to begin to look but check junk yards often cause once thier there they get picked apart fast. Ya 1994s are the best.

RE: console parts

You may want to post in the vendor/classified section under "wanted." http://www.lincolnsclub.org/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboard.cgi?az=list&forum=DCForumID48&conf=DCConfID10

I got a new console, but that was way back when I bought the car as a part of the sale.

Trixie,,,thanks for the info. I only recently joined and I am guilty of not reading all the instructions (like most of us men) I sent out help messages in LOD clubs and have heard from most ..."post in the appropriate section" But thank you for your repsonse. I am learning that the center console is "not cost effective" nor does it function very well when it is in working condition.The other 97' we have works fine..but only with the small foam cups...payload is weak on those things.I researched enough to know ..."new" is not an option. The console assembly is over $800.00 and the diagram doesn't show the inner workings of the cup holder assembly included! I think it's "McGyver" time !
Thanks to all.....Car_man58

Back