• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RE: Put-in-Bay summer 2006 meet

OK, we need to find a place to stay.

Anyone interested in this?

http://www.campingfriend.com/ShadeAc...asp?file=Rates

Either that or there are a bunch of hotels/motels in Port Clinton, but we really should pick a place and make sure they have openings and we get reservations in.

Here's a link to some hotels, but they are a lot pricier the weekend of the 11th.

http://travel.yahoo.com/p-travelguid...on_vacations-i

EDIT: here's another link:

http://www.portclintonhotels.com/

Sharon
    98 VIII
    sigpic

Comment

Hotels on Put-In-Bay are EXPENSIVE... and moreso on the "good" weekends.

At this point, you're not finding one. They're all booked. My friend Ted tried to get a hotel reservation for the trip, it didn't fly. He's now boat shopping and / or planning on camping.

So, either camp, bring an RV, or get a hotel in Port Clinton or Sandusky and take the ferry. I think i'll be on the same dock as the ferry that we took from Port Clinton last time, and you'll be welcome to stop by my boat and have a few beers.
      -Dave
      '98 BMW 528i
      '00 Ford F150 4x4
      - Former (multiple) Lincoln Owner -

Comment

troops-
        Sorry I haven't checked in for a while, just wanted to help make your trip here as good as possible.

I called the Days Inn 419-734-4945 this evening and for the evenings of 8/11 & 8/12 they could supply 6 rooms with 2 double beds (4 people each room). The cost was $108 plus $135 for Saturday night. This is a clean hotel and easy to get to. You could leave the cars there and have Linda's taxi pick you up and take you to either the Miller Ferry on Catawba, or the Jet Express downtown P.C. The Jet runs into the wee hours, and the Miller does not. The Miller also requires a cab ride into town on South Bass to get to the bars & Docks.

Campers- You have several choices. Here would be mine in order of preference from what I have heard about their facilities.

Cedarlane RV Park 419-797-9907
        Shade Acres 419-797-4681
        Camp Runamuck 419-798-5775
        East Harbor State Park

For All

Linda's Cab Company 419-734-0995 (she has large capacity Cabs she can dispatch)

Put in Bay side:
        North Coast Cab Co 419-285-3585
        Put in Bay Cab Co 419-285-6161

Parking at the Millers Ferry is generally free on their parking site, on MOST week ends the locals will rent their yards out to park cars for $10-$20 depending on the crowds etc. THIS IS NOT A BAD SOLUTION FOR THOSE WHO DON'T WANT TO COME BACK LATE FROM THE BAY.
        If you plan on a late party at the Bay you should leave your cars parked and take Linda's cab unless you get a DD. There are a couple of sport bars in P.C. but JOHN LAW loves the DUI business, same for PIB. DON'T RENT THE GOLF CARTS!

August is bound to be hot and muggy as it is now, and I'd strongly suggest taking a room or a cabin with some facitities and air.

The Sunday windup could be a brunch at any of a half dozen places around here (Catawba - Port Clinton) just depends on what you want to spend. I do know a few folks who could put on a special feed for us if there was enough to make it worth while.

If there is any further info I can help with please call me

C.Heck
        419-654-4195
        sigpic
        "The Whinery"
        535 RWHP
        486 RWTQ

Comment

Few more links:

http://www.millerferry.com/sched-pib.htm

http://www.jet-express.com/pcsummerf...ummerfridaysat

http://www.millerferry.com/links-travel.htm

http://www.catawbaislandtownship.com/CatI1-ComLinks.htm
          sigpic
          "The Whinery"
          535 RWHP
          486 RWTQ

Comment

OK, are we still on? What hotel is everyone gonna stay at? Thanks Charles for the info! Yeah, I'm definitely going to need AC, I realized the rental cabin at that campsite doesn't have AC.
            Sharon
            98 VIII
            sigpic

Comment

Let's get some details worked out here and post the meet in the LOD Events Forum!
              JP

Comment

A hotel on the mainland would work the best, i think. Then just take the ferry over. Even with ferry / cab fare, it would be as cheap or cheaper than staying on the island.

August 10-13, i'll be there!
                -Dave
                '98 BMW 528i
                '00 Ford F150 4x4

Comment

It looks like there is only about 5 members (plus mates). Am I right?

We need to tie up some rooms soon.
                  sigpic
                  "The Whinery"
                  535 RWHP
                  486 RWTQ

Comment

[div class="dcquote"][strong]Quote[/strong]
                    It looks like there is only about 5 members (plus mates). Am I right?We need to tie up some rooms soon.
                    [/div]

I'll come out to PIB if you make it to my meet ? Deal ?

Cheese with Whine ... hehe }(
                    -------------------
                    Markless.

"Do or do not. There is no try" - Yoda

Comment

I'm in. Just would like to find out who's staying where. And yes, we should post this generally, because part of the attraction of PIB is that it is midway between Chicago and oh, say Buffalo NY, making it a good place to get midwest members and east coast members.
                      Sharon
                      98 VIII
                      sigpic

Comment

Is there any one going to be at Port Clinton?
                        sigpic
                        "The Whinery"
                        535 RWHP
                        486 RWTQ

Comment

Bill, very sorry to hear about your sis! Hope all goes well.

Roadboss, I can't make it this time, but I do hope we can do it again later this year. Sleeper said he will be there.
                          Sharon
                          98 VIII
                          sigpic

Comment

I was there! I didn't check the board Thursday before I left, it was kind of hectic trying to get the boat loaded up. We ended up riding down on my friend Ted's boat, a 25' Rinker. Thursday's forecast was calling for under 2' on Lake Erie in the morning, building to 4-6 footers by nighttime, so we were looking to get an early start. We didn't get out as early as we wanted, but the ride was still beautiful. 80 miles, a bit over 50 gallons of gas, and the ride was like glass the whole way. Hit about 20 bars, only missed a few. One of the guys at the brewery said there are 32 bars on the island, but I think that's counting a couple of private clubs and probably counting some places twice (counting the regular bar and the tiki bar seperate). We hit 20 different places, and only missed 4-5 that i can think of. We did hit some of the good spots more than once, also.

Rode back on Sunday. It wasn't as nice a ride as the way down, but it was still pretty smooth. Boat ran great both ways, which is good considering we got it running 2 days before the trip (overheating problem and ignition problem). My friend bought the boat a week before the trip, it crapped out on the ride home, and we had it fixed and ready to go for the trip anyway.
                            -Dave
                            '98 BMW 528i
                            '00 Ford F150 4x4

Comment

Working...
                            X