No announcement yet.

Downriver cruise 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dean, I'll see you between 9 and 10. I have to be back on the north side of town by noon, so this will work out great

Bill and his excuses.
    -------------------
    Markless.

"Do or do not. There is no try" - Yoda

Comment

Originally posted by Mad1stGen View Post
      I have to be back on the north side of town by noon,
      What's your excuse for this?

Bill
      1994 Deep Jewel Green 183,142 miles
      1997 White LSC 135k miles
      1998 White Collectors Edition 175k
      1994 Black (#2) 100k miles
      1993 Deep Jewel Green Convertible

Comment

Originally posted by billcu View Post
        What's your excuse for this?
        No excuses, just business It's supposed to be a beautiful day too ... screw the smelly cars
        -------------------
        Markless.

Comment

Weather for Saturday lookin' good

Forecast : Mostly Sunny, high of 78 !!
          Lead Foot
          Crazy 'bout my ol' Mark 8s

93 Mark 8
          98 CE
          97 LSC on life support

Comment

Wow, tomorrow? Hmmm, someone ask Hubby if he's up for the drive.
            Sharon
            98 VIII
            sigpic

Comment

Hey! Hubby! Your wife wants you to take her out on a date to the Big Boy!
              Mike Martin

1997 Mark VIII LSC 5.0
              2001 Dodge Dakota

Comment

Big Boy? Any of the numerous Coney Islands would be acceptable too! The ones by me fill the platters!
                Gonzalo Duque "Gonzo" - Westland, Michigan - originally from NEW JERSEY!
                tbirddmnd@att.net, site:http://www.hoodliners.net
                1997 Mark VIII LSC - A 2005/2006 Jaguar XJ8-L might be in my future
                sigpic

Comment

Honestly, there's gotta be a million better places that big boy LOL.

How about here http://maps.google.com/maps/place?q=...14391807721704 ?
                  -------------------
                  Markless.

Comment

Geez! If I had thought Big Boy was going to cause a stir like that I wouldn't have mentioned it!
                    I have no idea what's up there...I just want some damn breakfast
                    Dean

Comment

Hahaha, don't sweat it I am about to hit the road, just waiting for some clouds to pass by
                      -------------------
                      Markless.

Comment

Well that wasn't bad, met up with Jeremi, his wife, Tim, Bill and Dean! I was there with my friend Bob who drives a white 1990 Porsche 928 S4. We were waiting for "Leadfoot" who didn't show and we never got to take a group car photo! Oh well, we'll get together for one soon I hope!

Plenty of great cars to see on the cruise! I ended up leaving the mayhem at 4 PM, I guess everyone else left around 3:00 ~ 3:30 PM. I got a call from Rob around 5:15, he was just arriving in his 98 Cordovan CE. He probably got stuck in traffic there!

Bill you were taking some photos, post some up! Especially the one you took of me at the whell as I was getting there!

Thanks again for the floor mats, Jeremi!
                        sigpic

Comment

Leadfoot was there Gonzo, I even pointed out your car to him when you drove by. You were supposed to come back.

I saw that Cordovan CE I think, but I didn't get a shot of it.

Thanks everyone for showing, it was a great cruise, beautiful day, and lots or beautiful cars.

Here's some photos, member's cars first.
                          Attached Files

Bill

Comment

Thanks for the pics, Bill. And thanks to Jeremi for the new headlights and the good advice for next year's mods.
                            It was good meeting some new people.

Maybe we can do it again for the Woodward Cruise??
                            Dean

Comment

Thanks Bill! I called Dean after Bob and I had finished at Wendy's but he said he was leaving and everyone else was too so I figured we'd just make 2 laps and take off. We left at 4:00 PM. WOMC Radio 104.3 caught Bill on their camera - look to the right in this pic:

Their page with the image is here: http://womc.radio.com/2011/06/25/cru...otos/#photo-49

Very nice car, Dean! Is your neon tube getting dim? It didn't seem too bright when you hit the brakes as I was behind you. I'm going to do more research into the 2003-2004 Cobra exhaust manifolds that you mentioned. I read in another thread on those something about an air tube and EGR? I'm quite a while from doing this though, and I need to ditch that too-quiet 50-Series Flowmaster in favor of a 40-Series 2-chamber.

There is a Michigan Avenue Cruise on July 9 and the Telegraph Rd Cruise on July 24 before the Woodward Cruise.

And there's always this: http://www.cruisinmi.com/calendar/events.asp
                              Last edited by tbirddmnd; 06-26-2011, 10:50 AM.
                              sigpic

Comment

That's funny Gonzo, thanks.

I remember driving next to that Monte Carlo, watching it bounce up and down.

Bill

Comment

Working...
                                X