Carlisle 101

Trixie

Staff member
This was posted last year, and I¡¦ve added revisions by others (OK, lots of stuff from Jason Z (Neontail97)):

I remembered what it was like going to Carlisle my first time and I know I had questions and forgot things I needed, and so the information below is to help those of you who are interested in coming, but need a little more information.

Please, if anyone has any other questions, or has any information to add here, do so. I am by no means an expert, but I tried to list things that I know I was unsure about last year.

I certainly hope a lot more people sign up to come out to Carlisle. It really is a great car show, and an excellent way to show support of our club, and meet other members.

My thanks to various people for helping with content or providing pictures, including, but not limited to: Alexander, Jerry Heep, Steve Triano, Bill Hamilton, & Jason Zerbini who had a lot of additional information which I am not trying to scam as my own¡K really. ƒº

Carlisle 101

Don¡¦t be afraid to come because your car is not show quality. A lot of members bring their daily drivers. It is just fun to park on the field with everyone else and hang out and chat and look at all the Fords. During the day, there are vendors to check out, LOD members to chat with and lots of Fords to see - every once in a while, you may even spot a Mustang!

What to Bring:

Change of clothes - warm and cold
Sun block
Lawn chair
Cooler
Car cleaning items
Funds to purchase all kinds of cool LOD gear

Food and drink (non-alcoholic) available at the Fairgrounds for a price. As for food; Carlisle Productions actually has pretty decent quality and selection of food at the main concession stand. You'll pay a tad more than at a local restaurant but not as much compared to lets say a pro baseball or football game.

What to Expect:

Traffic:

Be prepared to sit in major traffic jams if you are coming off the PA turnpike between 6:30am and 9:00am Saturday. Earlier and its not bad, later its not quite as bad but still alot of waiting. There are some back ways in that avoid the masses but you'd really need to study a map to find them if you are not familiar with the area. If you are arriving Saturday morning it would be worth your while to locate alternative routes.

Car Cleaning:

Alexander has reserved a hose for us at the Radisson to use to wash cars. Steve has called first dibs on the hose (or he mentioned something about shovels being used on those who try to cut in front of him).

There is also a place to wash cars once inside the gates at the fairground. Per Neontail: The car wash station is straight through GATE #3. There are stations to handle about 8 cars at any given time. 2 spaces share 1 hose which works out well. From my experience the wait is dependent on the weather. If there was rain for peoples drive in, then the wait will be longer. Nice weather and you can drive right up with no waiting. No matter its still not very long of a wait.

Where to enter:

http://www.ifounditatcarlisle.com/DirecHotel/directions.htm
Enter at Gate 3. Gate #3 is the only gate for show cars that need to register. They give you a sticker for your windshield after you register. Event staff are everywhere and will direct you to LOD.

How to register car:

Pull into main entrance, stay to the left
You will be directed to Park and to go into the little shed like place to sign up if you¡¦ve pre-registered
From there, you are sent to a tent area to pick up your packet of information

Don't forget your confirmation card they sent you if you pre registered. It will save you alot of time and hassle.

Find place on field - Park with your category, signs will be posted:

[ul][li]Lincoln All except Mark VII and Mark VIII
[li]Mark VII 1984-1992 All - Stock and Modified
[li]Mark VIII 1993-1996 Stock
[li]Mark VIII 1997-1998 Stock
[li]Mark VIII 1993-1995 Modified
[li]Mark VIII 1996-1998 Modified
[li]Mark VIII 1993-1998 Custom
[li]Mark VIII 1993-1998 Factory and Dealer Limited Runs: Diamond Anniversary, Spring Feature, Collector's Edition, Limited Edition, etc [/ul]

Club Events:

On Friday evening at the Radisson Hotel, the Club will host its Annual Meeting for LOD members and their guests.

On Saturday evening, the Club will be hosting a Banquet and Awards Ceremony. You must pre-register for this banquet. http://www.mark8.org/lod/carlisle2003/banquet_order1.htm

Although many club events occur at the Radisson, you do not have to be staying there to join us. My first year, I stayed at a Holiday Inn and just drove to the Radisson to join the group for evening activities.

Pics from Prior Carlisles:

http://community.webshots.com/album/19677221YgaAsDBGWT

http://community.webshots.com/album/39742843dzSDDO

http://communities.msn.com/Carlisle2001LOD/shoebox.msnw

http://groups.msn.com/Carlisle2001LOD/carlisle2002.msnw

I really hope to see a lot of you there!

RE: Carlisle 101

Thank you for taking the time to post all this. It took care of a lot of the questions that I had. I'm all set to go, registered, hotel reserved, and check for the banquet is on it's way. I read the 2002 minutes that you posted in another thread. Are the members listed in the minutes the only ones who came for the event, or were there others who just didn't come to the meeting? Just curious, hopefully we'll have a large turnout. Being new to the club, I'm looking forward to meeting other members and their cars. I travel frequently, but I must say I haven't been this excited about going somewhere in a long time.

Lee Head

Lee, the members listed in the minutes were only those who attended the Annual Meeting on Friday night at the hotel. There were many more people who attended the event, but not everyone made it to the meeting.

"Steve has called first dibs on the hose (or he mentioned something about shovels being used on those who try to cut in front of him)."

1st come 1st serve buddy. If I remember Cal, Me and Ed were 1st on Thursday last year.:p

Back