Solenoid wont close

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solenoid wont close

I keep getting Check Air Ride message more than likely due to the issue being the right side solenoid will not close. I'm about to go to springs since I cant even drive it anymore even after replacing front airbag complete new compressor and new solenoids. I really feel this is the computer system issue not sending a signal to shut it off. This is my last attempt to stay with the air ride before going to spring. Any help would be appreciated.

Are you sure the solenoid won't close? If so, can you try one of the old original solenoids? I've never heard of an original solenoid that won't close.

Bill
    1994 Deep Jewel Green 183,142 miles
    1997 White LSC 135k miles
    1998 White Collectors Edition 175k
    1994 Black (#2) 100k miles
    1993 Deep Jewel Green Convertible

Comment

You're right. It was the air line connected to the solenoid which had a frayed end that didn't make a good seal so I cut the end off about an inch and now it at least held air over night. So thanks for responding. Any advice on airline replacement will be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Glad to hear it. I just do what you do, cut the end off and shove it back in. The air line is available if you need it, a google search should locate it.

Bill
        1994 Deep Jewel Green 183,142 miles
        1997 White LSC 135k miles
        1998 White Collectors Edition 175k
        1994 Black (#2) 100k miles
        1993 Deep Jewel Green Convertible

Comment

Working...
        X