Please Read the New Rules of Conduct (ROC)

Trixie

Staff member
If you haven't reviewed them, or even if you did, you should take a look at the new Rules of Conduct (ROC). http://www.lincolnsofdistinction.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=526

There have been many changes - some which reflect the new software we have in use, but also there have been changes to the rules which affect us all.

So please take some time to familiarize yourself with the ROC for this board.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
A couple of terms in there are very odd: "mockery" and "whining?"

How do you define either of these? They are very subjective to say the least... or am I whining? ;)

Thamnks for the definitions Sharon, I KNOW WHAT THE WORDS MEAN! I'll say again, they are very subjective. If someone complains a few times about something and gets no answer, like I am not getting regarding my vendor posts, is that whining? For some it may be, for others of course not. And now many posts does it take to count as a "whine?" Mockery also can be hard to explain, all it takes is one PC oversensitive person to complain about an innocent post and it's mockery? I think you guys are opening a can of worms here.

Leo, those rules have not changed. Those have been in place since the beginning of this board, and have not been an issue before.

Exactly! It's the same as it's always been. No one complained about it before so it stayed. Yes, it IS a judgement call...but that's why we have more than one Mod.

For those of you who have been here a while, let me give you a summary of some of the changes which I think are pretty significant:

1. Ebay rules have been lifted.
2. You CAN list your modifications in your signatures now.
3. Of course, with the new software, the sections on Members vs. Users, etc. is all new, and gives additional benefits to our club members with regard to Avatars and Sig pics and things like that.

The moderating team of Bill, Bud, Mike and I are the same as before, so there won't be any drastic changes in terms of how we moderate, except that we get a reprieve from having to enforce things like signature picture sizes and e-bay links. :)

Sure can.

Too much work to police it, no value added to members by prohibiting it.

Advertising rules still apply. If someone comes in here and posts their auction for their old cell phone because they just bought a new one, that's fine. If someone who sells cellphones for a living comes in and posts links to their auctions, it's not okay, just as it wouldn't be okay even if the ebay links weren't there. Just as an example.

Sure can.

Too much work to police it, no value added to members by prohibiting it.

Advertising rules still apply. If someone comes in here and posts their auction for their old cell phone because they just bought a new one, that's fine. If someone who sells cellphones for a living comes in and posts links to their auctions, it's not okay, just as it wouldn't be okay even if the ebay links weren't there. Just as an example.

Unbelievable! So members now are getting less for their money instead of more.

That's the way you look at it.

That's not the way I look at it, nor the moderators, nor the rest of the BOD, and we're the ones making the rules.

If we get enough people complaining, we'll reconsider, but I honestly don't see that happening.

Really, Leo, how does restricting the viewing and posting of links to ebay auctions benefit members?

...That's not the way I look at it, nor the moderators, nor the rest of the BOD, and we're the ones making the rules...

I guess the membership doesn't need to be consulted when a privilege is taken away from them. We'll continue this discussion in the Member's Only forum.

I guess the membership doesn't need to be consulted when a privilege is taken away from them. We'll continue this discussion in the Member's Only forum.

The lifting of a restriction to non-members should not be equated to the taking away of a privilege from members, as in this case one has nothing to do with the other. In fact, I'd rather have my dues being spent doing things other than policing eBay links.

Gotta go with Dave on this one.

I believe I may be guilty of whining about a certain GM product but Im over it.I have also posted giant pics,Guilty as charged.I ask for mercy based on my inexperience and young age(47)plus Im kind of a spazz.

volo_auto_museum.jpg
this is top car museum

If you haven't reviewed them, or even if you did, you should take a look at the new Rules of Conduct (ROC). http://www.lincolnsofdistinction.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=526

There have been many changes - some which reflect the new software we have in use, but also there have been changes to the rules which affect us all.

So please take some time to familiarize yourself with the ROC for this board.

Thanks!

You might want to fix the link, so someone could actually read them. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back