Dodge Charger

BlackIceLSC

Registered
Anyone here have any experience or own one of the 2012-present Dodge Chargers?

6.jpg

I've been considering one. I love the Grand marquis, but once again, I am bored....it's a problem I have - I buy a lot of cars because after a year or two, I want something else. I wont lease a car because I drive too much, and prefer when financing to put ZERO down to cut my losses as much as possible.

I am not a fan of the early Chargers from 2008. My sister-in-law brought home a brand new black SE in 2012 with the 6-cyl. It looks great, has pretty decent power, great fuel economy and other than a few recalls, has been trouble-free for 60k miles.
Then she bought a 2015 Charger SRT8 6.4 Hemi. That thing is a beast, and not in my sights at all. She parks it next to her husband's Challenger HELLCAT (one bad hombre, for sure).

I have had a few 2016 Charger SXT rentals come through the shop for damage repairs from abusive renters and I have to say, I kind of like the new smaller grill/front redesign.
The numbers are great = 31 mpg, 292 hp, plenty of room, and they seem to be holding up quite well.

So, as any good internet forum junkie would do, I am reaching out online...doing research and asking my fellow car nuts about them first.

any info would be great...even some of you SSHS guys who have seen them ripping up the strip...

I typically like to weed out the bland ones (silver, white, gray, etc)...so I am looking mostly at:
2016 Charger SXT or SXT PLUS (more bells) or a SXT Blacktop edition but would also consider a Hemi R/T if the price was right. I dont need the extra HP as my "joy-riding" days are over...292 hp is enough for me with the coombined fuel economy of the 6-cyl. Plus it would keep insurance rates a lot lower.
prefer black, dark granite, dark blue, or even the red color they have.

thanks for reading and (hopefully) typing.

I was originally considering a MKZ, was scared off by some of the water pump-related issues of the V6 but have reconsidered the MKZ and am looking at a 2.0 eco boost version. But any thoughts are welcome.
Just biting my nails thinking about car shopping again.
I LOVE car shopping...its an addiction.

Last edited:
Back