Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interior water leak on passenger side, seal repair.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior water leak on passenger side, seal repair.

I had a leak causing the carpet to get wet, I knew it is usually from the HVAC air intake under the plastic cowl cover under the hood. I removed the cowl cover, and sealed up the (hard to see in the photo) crack in the factory seal around the intake peice with some RTV sealer.

There is also a rubber seal on the inside of the cowl cover to keep water from entering the top of intake from the windshield. You can see I circled what was left of the seal and another seal on the side that were both rotted and hard. I replaced the long seal by putting a piece of closed cell foam camper top weatherstrip on the metal where the original seal should have contacted it. Then I made up another seal to replace the little one on the side. I stuck them on and put a bead of RTV on them, to seal to the cowl cover. I did the same to my 98 before and it took care of the leak, I'll see how this one works on my 97. Click image for larger version

Name:	Air intake seals 1.JPG
Views:	0
Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	519791 Click image for larger version

Name:	Air seals 2.JPG
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	519792 Click image for larger version

Name:	Air seal 3.JPG
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	519793

Bill
    1994 Deep Jewel Green 183,142 miles
    1997 White LSC 135k miles
    1998 White Collectors Edition 175k
    1994 Black (#2) 100k miles
    1993 Deep Jewel Green Convertible

I've noticed a similar issue on our '06 Town Car. It's on the list of things to do.
    JP

Comment

Working...
    X