New Exhaust Setup

JERM

Registered
I took my car to the exhaust shop and had a custom Y pipe installed instead of the third cat, and pipes ran out the back with turndowns. The Mark is a lot louder now. :D

P1070539.jpg

P1070540.jpg

Looks good! Let me know if you get a ticket, and stay away from tunnels, haha.

Said the guy with the illegal cut-out.

Exhaust looks good. Are you getting any drone? How do you like the sound.

Actually i get less drone this way than just having the mufflers cut off, but it is a lot more raspy! Do you guys want a video? I can make one. I was thinking of one in the car and one outside the car. Let me know

I would write em for no mufflers if he was in Massachusetts! LOL!:p

MGL Ch 90/7 Defective equipment $35.00 fine. Ha!

35 bucks! Its only 10 here. :D

Get a video of you driving by, that way the exhaust doesn't muffle the microphone.

I decided to put a pair of cherry bombs on mine(same mods)after I drove past a accident w/4 cop cars and every one of the cops looked up from what they were doing to look at me!(I was'nt getting on it either!!!!55mph zone) actually I thought it sounded really good up till then. now I have a h pipe lsc duals and the c.bombs are almost as loud as it was w/straight pipes!I may have to put some different muffs on I'm hesitant because I've had no drone since I ditched the cats,resonator and factory muffs!

I know what you mean about it being LOUD, lol. If i put any mufflers on it i will put on some dynomax bullets:D

+1 for bullets

-19 for Cherry Bombs!! WTF? :D Since when did SVT's come with those, haha!

Dang, that is WAY louder than mine was....really raspy too. Get those tips on there and it will clean it right up. Sounds good though and you can't beat the price!

HAHA, i told you it was REALLY LOUD that day on the phone :D
As loud as it is, i really like it (other than the raspy part). Do you really think i should put those 4 inch tips on the rear? I think they would scrape a lot on driveways. The tips will take care of the rasp? I thought i would need bullets to get rid of it.

HAHA, i told you it was REALLY LOUD that day on the phone :D
As loud as it is, i really like it (other than the raspy part). Do you really think i should put those 4 inch tips on the rear? I think they would scrape a lot on driveways. The tips will take care of the rasp? I thought i would need bullets to get rid of it.

The tips might scrape, but I will say that my Rolled Edge tips help A LOT, but you can just throw some bullets on it too and do the bumper thing later.

Oh, BTW that was less than half throttle too, i still cant get on it until the gears break in.

I could tell. :D

Can anyone tell what song is playing on the interior clip? :)

ACDC but not sure on the song. TNT?

I would write em for no mufflers if he was in Massachusetts! LOL!:p

MGL Ch 90/7 Defective equipment $35.00 fine. Ha!

there is actually a "modified exhaust" law here in florida. its illegal to mod your exhaust AT ALL. its really not enforced unless your exhaust is REALLY loud. i actually had a cop show me the law after a friend of mine got a ticket.

I certain svt's would'nt have cherry bomb muffs. but to get 4 cops attention at once(in a small town driving nice,I think thats how many are on duty!) I did'nt want to find out about Az. laws on exhaust noise and decided rather than weld on the stock muffs to "go cheap clamp-on" for now!!( I've got a set of long tubes and want 2 1/4 "X" pipe w/electric cut-outs, instead of stock L.S.C. w/ home made "H" pipe no cats or res.) I'm still undecided on muffs.I want to hear some D.O.H.C.'s before deciding. these cars seem to drone easily and I commute a lot!!!! I'm open to suggestions!!!!!

Back