Moose overheating for a moment

LeoC2

Registered
Weird thing happening. Temp will suddenly climb and pin the guage and warning will come on. Then in a monet or two temp will drop to normal. I figured the thermostat was sticking so I replaced it. Nope, problem persists. No air in system either. Any suggestions?

for that matter, if you remove the beauty panels near the hood latch, unbolt the top of the radiator and tip it toward the windshield (gently.) how filthy is it in there? My green car was rough after 140,000 miles.. cleaning the radiator made a huge difference..

absolutely on the fan connector. Have seen this on a few cars. You can also test it by setting the A/C to max. The fan should turn on every time.

for that matter, if you remove the beauty panels near the hood latch, unbolt the top of the radiator and tip it toward the windshield (gently.) how filthy is it in there? My green car was rough after 140,000 miles.. cleaning the radiator made a huge difference..

How would I clean mine out?

I haven't hd a chance to check the fan connector but you guys may be right, when the heat pins I turn on MAX AC and it immediatly drops. By the way, where is the fan connector?

I haven't hd a chance to check the fan connector but you guys may be right, when the heat pins I turn on MAX AC and it immediatly drops. By the way, where is the fan connector?

The fan connector is at the fan, under the hood. Just follow the wiring harness until you find it. If memory serves, it's a bit to the right if you are standing in front of the car facing the engine

How would I clean mine out?

I did exactly as I described above.. tip the radiator toward the engine, and get in there any way you can. I modified an old vacuum cleaner "crevice tool." by capping the end with foil tape, and shaving open the "side" to make a thin attachment that sucked "sideways.." there are probably better ways to do this though

Back