Display funky and wont shift out of 1st

LeoC2

Registered
I'm moving this from the electrical forum because it shows zero views, I think the forum problems are to blame, anyway...

Whammo, all of a sudden Moose has no RPM, gear, temp display. Warning messages are for temp, gear display, and others. I don't think it's shifting beyond 2nd either. Could it be the computer or maybe the performance chip that's been in there for 15 years? I disconnected the battery and will reconnect in the morning hoping something resets.

I've not seen this ever mentioned before. It's obviously something electric. Lately I've noticed it's not been cranking very strong at startup, like the battery is weak. Any ideas?

UPDATE: cleaned and reconnected the battery this morning and everything worked fine.

UPDATE: Drove maybe 5 miles and parked, when I started up again everything was OK but then lost disiplay again and Moose won't shift out of 1st. I've disconnected the bayyery again so we'll see if things reset again.

UPDATE: Reconnected battery, problem persists,

Anyone have a clue?

Looks like the problem was caused by the Geno performance chip I installed 18 years ago! When I pulled the chip from the computer and started Moose up all was right again! Seems it was causing all sorts of problems with alll the computers. Here's hoping it stays corrected!

Likely not so much the chip itself as it was more the connection between the chip and the PCM. You could probably clean the contacts up and reinstall the chip and be just fine.

Likely not so much the chip itself as it was more the connection between the chip and the PCM. You could probably clean the contacts up and reinstall the chip and be just fine.

thought the same thing but it didn't work, defenitely the chip. All I can say is thank God trhat's all it was and was easily rectified.

That is a good thing because I was going to say it the symptoms sounded like a bad PCM. :eek:

I think the forum issues are fixed. Let me know

Thanks Mike, we all appreciate your work. It seems to be working a lot better, and more posts seem to be here again, but a lot still seem to be missing, I see this: deleted.JPG deleted.JPG

Attachments

• photo15359.jpg
    photo15359.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 0
Back