lincoln vs honda

Trixie

Staff member
lincoln wins. pics shortly.

After dropping off kid's broken into mustang to have glass replaced, hubby got rear ended.

mt car is staying in the garage today. :eek:

Wow, sorry to hear all this Sharon. Friday the 13th was last week.

Normally, I like photos, but I'm not looking forward to seeing yours now.

Glad to hear that everyone else is ok though.

Police officer: So what happened here sir?
Mike: Well...I stopped...she hit me.
officer: why did you stop?
Mike: not sure. about 20 cars infront of me were also stopped.
Officer: Maamm...what happened here?
dumby: Well...I was just driving along and then all the cars infront of me just stopped. I am not sure what happened.
Officer: is there something that caused you to not see that he was stopped?
dumbass: weeeelllll.......i was kind of reading a piece of paper while I was driving to the doctor and I guess I was not paying attention.
officer: Maam...how fast were you going?
stupid Imbecil: I'm not sure.
Officer: well……you kind of caused some major damage here. You caved in your front end and put 2 holes in the back of his car. I think your bumber beams went through your bumper and his.
complete idiot: Yeah...I guess I was going fast. I probably did not hit the brakes.

Police officer: So what happened here sir?
Mike: Well...I stopped...she hit me.
officer: why did you stop?
Mike: not sure. about 20 cars infront of me were also stopped.
Officer: Maamm...what happened here?
dumby: Well...I was just driving along and then all the cars infront of me just stopped. I am not sure what happened.
Officer: is there something that caused you to not see that he was stopped?
dumbass: weeeelllll.......i was kind of reading a piece of paper while I was driving to the doctor and I guess I was not paying attention.
officer: Maam...how fast were you going?
stupid Imbecil: I'm not sure.
Officer: well……you kind of caused some major damage here. You caved in your front end and put 2 holes in the back of his car. I think your bumber beams went through your bumper and his.
complete idiot: Yeah...I guess I was going fast. I probably did not hit the brakes.

Glad everyone is OK and I know it's not funny, but LMAO.
Sorry.

Be careful ... that car might get totalled really quick. Insurance companies do not want to deal with lack of parts. Hopefully the neon is ok, otherwise it's a done deal.

The wole rear bumper assembly must be replaced. I think the neon still works but it has a scratch now. i will have to double check it when I get home. How does totaling a car work? Do I get a check and get to keep the car? The car is completely drivable. It even felt a little faster now that the bumper is vented resulting in less wind resistance.

Will post pictures later today.

Dang.... these cars are way to easily totaled... if the trunk is even a bit deformed, and if any of the tail lights are broken, you may consider the car totaled :(

The wole rear bumper assembly must be replaced. I think the neon still works but it has a scratch now. i will have to double check it when I get home. How does totaling a car work? Do I get a check and get to keep the car? The car is completely drivable. It even felt a little faster now that the bumper is vented resulting in less wind resistance.

Will post pictures later today.

You don't get to keep the car if they total it; you get the book value less your deductable. Some companies will let you buy it back for salvage value but I think in some states you can't register a totaled car – not sure.

Almost all states will let you reg. a car that has been totaled under what is called a salvage title it lowers the value of the car and if you have another accident they want give you jack for it on an insurance claim,how ever they do let you buy it from them by giving the totaled cost minus any where from 100$ to around 500$.
And Sharon if I were you,I would go out and start buying lotto tickets, with the luck you have had as of late I think you guys are do for a big win. And just glad that everyone is OK

Last edited:
You don't get to keep the car if they total it; you get the book value less your deductable. Some companies will let you buy it back for salvage value but I think in some states you can't register a totaled car – not sure.

I have done it here... you can just ask the insurance for the buy out amount. My Cougar that got totaled due to paint scratches had a buy out amount of $108. lol. I sold that car for $1500.

the other person uses Progressive insurance. They will come evaluate the damage today. She (and my agent) said that the "totaling" laws are different in each state. In illinois, if the car is less than 9 years old any car "totaled" by an insurance company must be turned over to the insurance company to combat fraud. If the car is over 9yrs old the victim has the choice to either accept the settlement check and turn over the car or keep the car and get the settlement check minus the salvage cost. The salvage cost is quoted by a salvage company. My car's market value is approximatly $5200 +- a few hundred depending on the options.

Back