Sandy Block

RE: Sandy Block

The color is actually a lot lighter than it looks in the picture under Member Rides. I like it, but Sandy obviously loves it. The ladies (including my wife) all love it also.

Another topic: Have any of you examined a Ford F150 "Lightning"? I looked at a white 2000 today. Woweeee!! It has a short bed with a hard cover and a supercharged 5.8 liter engine. And does it sound sweeeet.

I guess I could love many cars. Wish I had Jay Leno's garage and pocketbook. No foreign junk for me.

"No foreign junk for me."

Ditto, here. But I burn fumes because everytime I buy a new Lincoln or Cadillac theree is ALWAYS someone who mutters, "Geeez, for what you paid for THAT, you coulda had a:-____________________.

Fill in the blank:-

Lexus
Mercedes
Audi
Infiniti
BMW
Jaguar
Volvo
Saab

They are made so much better. My uncle _________ (fill in) had a (Cadillac or Lincoln) and he had so much trouble with it and it cost so much and and and and and now he has a (see above listing) and he has no trouble with it and he has umpteen million hundred thousand miles on it and and and and and.........

I shut them up like kicking a wooden door closed, by saying,

"Thank you for your good wishes"

There is NO comback to that !

Pink Cadillac - Bruce Springsteen

For the foolish things I do
You may wonder how come I love you
When you get on my nerves like you do
Well baby you know you bug me
There ain't no secret 'bout that
Well come on over here and hug me
Baby I'll spill the facts
Well honey it ain't your money
'Cause baby I got plenty of that
I love you for your Pink Cadillac
Crushed velvet seats
Riding in the back
Cruising down the street
Waving to the girls
Feeling out of sight
Spending all my money
On a Saturday night
Honey I just wonder what you do there in back
Of your Pink Cadillac
Pink Cadillac

Well now way back in the Bible
Temptations always come along
There's always somebody tempting
Somebody into doing something they know is wrong
Well they tempt you, man, with silver
And they tempt you, sir, with gold
And they tempt you with the pleasures
That the flesh does surely hold
They say Eve tempted Adam with an apple
But man I ain't going for that
I know it was her Pink Cadillac
Crushed velvet seats
Riding in the back
Oozing down the street
Waving to the girls
Feeling out of sight
Spending all my money
On a Saturday night
Honey I just wonder what it feels like in the back
Of your Pink Cadillac
Now some folks say it's too big
And uses too much gas
Some folks say it's too old
And that it goes too fast
But my love is bigger than a Honda
It's bigger than a Subaru
Hey man there's only one thing
And one car that will do
Anyway we don't have to drive it
Honey we can park it out in back
And have a party in your Pink Cadillac

Freeway of Love (Pink Cadillac) Aretha Franklin

Knew you'd be a vision in white
How'd you get those pants so tight?
Don't know what you're doin'
But you must be livin' right

We got some places to see
I brought all the maps with me
So jump right in...Ain't no sin
Take a ride in my machine

City traffic movin' way too slow
Drop the pedal and go...go...go

Goin' ridin' on the freeway of love
Wind's against our back
In my pink cadillac
Wind's against our back
Ain't we ridin' on the freeway of love
In my pink Cadillac?

Never you mind the exit signs
We got lots of time
We can't quit 'til we get
To the other side

With the radio playin' our song
We keep rollin' on
Who knows how far a car can get
Before you think about slowin' on down

City traffic movin' way too slow
Drop the pedal and go...go...go

I am gonna be killed for this, suspended from the board, for sure!

If every car in the United States was PINK, what would we be?
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
You'd better get readyV
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
>>> A pink CARNATION

............ Wish I had Jay Leno's garage and pocketbook. No foreign junk for me.

Don't we all :), and if you're an American why would drive a non-American car. Put me down for 35+ years of driving and owning only American cars. Welcome, Al.

http://www.whitehouse.org/initiatives/posters/images/tn_democrats.jpg
** Bill **
1995 LSC-R'ed w/Recaro's and Cobra R's
Veteran of Carlisle 2000/01/02
[a href=//cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=258112]For Pic's and Mods click here[/a]

............ Wish I had Jay Leno's garage and pocketbook. No foreign junk for me.

Don't we all :), and if you're an American why would drive a non-American car. Put me down for 35+ years of driving and owning only American cars. Welcome, Al.

http://www.whitehouse.org/initiatives/posters/images/tn_democrats.jpg
** Bill **
1995 LSC-R'ed w/Recaro's and Cobra R's
Veteran of Carlisle 2000/01/02
[a href=//cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=258112]For Pic's and Mods click here[/a]

I did better! 27 years of SELLING only American Cars/Trucks

That is pretty funny for a pun.

Any 1959 Thunderbird color is nice in my book. Back then you could buy cars in real colors. Now car colors are mostly shades of gray.

Alexander
President
Lincolns of Distinction

THAT 56 is more like the actual color of Pinkin, then that photo under member's rides, which is too bright and too dark, also.

Sandy,

I was thinking about the Pinkin owners between us. I was told that the owner's wife had been sick and died, the car was in storage, the owner was depressed and decided to dump it, etc. I was not actually told that it was a one owner car or that you were the most recent owner. I never actually saw the prior owner's title when I bought it. The car had been retitled in the dealer's name and I still have a crummy copy of that title (on fax paper--pretty faded).

I guess the factory letter to you beginning Ms. made me assume that the wife was Sandy. After 7 years, memory fades. Perhaps the sick lady was Dave Malick's wife--obviously I don't know. Maybe the story I got was not a total lie.

Anyway, it's a neat nearly brand new (still) car and I hope to take a bunch more pictures in the next day or two--when I work up the ambition. I'm trying to decide on the background scenery, beach, mansion, bikini gals, or??

Hope your weather improves. I don't know how they ever settled the northern half of the country--winter--brrrrrrrr, no thanks.

Al

Dave told me that he had traded the car in to a Pittsburg Ford dealer on a 1993 mid-year intro Explorer LIMITED, and that the Ford dealer had put in on the Showroom floor to sell it. I believe he & his wife were in good health. After that, I lost it's whereabouts. Dave fell in love with cars, and bought them & kept them until he fell out of love with the car.....usually a year or so, and then moved on to the next one, using the money from the last one to buy (most of) the next one.
I do know that while Dave had it - he did take exceptional care of it. I got several pictures of it in his possession :)

I never have understood those folks... I haven't had any serious trouble with any of my domestics in the last few years.

"No foreign junk for me."

Ditto, here. But I burn fumes because everytime I buy a new Lincoln or Cadillac theree is ALWAYS someone who mutters, "Geeez, for what you paid for THAT, you coulda had a:-____________________.

Fill in the blank:-

Lexus
Mercedes
Audi
Infiniti
BMW
Jaguar
Volvo
Saab

They are made so much better. My uncle _________ (fill in) had a (Cadillac or Lincoln) and he had so much trouble with it and it cost so much and and and and and now he has a (see above listing) and he has no trouble with it and he has umpteen million hundred thousand miles on it and and and and and.........

I shut them up like kicking a wooden door closed, by saying,

"Thank you for your good wishes"

There is NO comback to that !

http://www.wallingdatasystems.com/personal/markviii/boardimage.jpg
luke@wallingdatasystems.com
Personal Site :
http://www.wallingdatasystems.com/personal/markviii
Company Sites :
http://www.wallingdatasystems.com
http://www.avg-antivirus.net
http://www.reallycheapdomains.net

Sandy - back in reply #19, you mentioned that people used to stop and ask you if you wanted to sell it. I guess it must be the something about the Mark VII's, just the other day I was getting gas for my 86 LSC, and a guy there asked me if I wanted to sell it. It's got 232,000 miles now as my daily driver, but it looks pretty good now since I just had it repainted in January at 225,000 miles.

What sucks is about a month ago now someone pulled in front of me and splattered me with rocks, causing about $1000 in damage based on the estimate to fix the paint chips. I'm fighting with Florida now to give me the guy's insurance company info, they say that's privacy info, yet I can get his name and address. I got the license plate number, reported it to my insurance and they contacted him, but he denies it ever happened and won't give his insurance carrier's info. I guess if Florida won't give the info to me, it means you may as well just run away and not stop in any situtation like this since there's nothing anyone can do to you even with your licecse plate number.

Bill
98 Mark VIII LSC - Silver - 58K mi
86 Mark VII LSC - Black - 232K mi
More Info In Profile - Member Since Dec 2000

There was absolutely NO GREY AREA....no middle ground with Pinkin' ~
People either hated it or loved it. I'd say another percent loved it.....but would not want it for themselves, sort of a curoisty area.

Tough, but in retrospect, I'd say 50% hated it, 15% were, "Thats cool for you, and cool to look at, but I would not want it" and 35% MY GOD I WANT THAT N*O*W !! How much? Surprisingly, MORE GUYS like it than girls! I think because the girls thought they were supposed to like it, so they backed up. I had many offers to sell it, even before I took delivery of it. Most of the buyer's were over 40 and fondly recalled days gone by of the high popularity of pink cars. From 1955 to 1967 there were many pink cars. Then beginning around 1963 they began to taper off, ending with the 1967s. Today, only Mary Kay Cadillacs come in pink, and when they go off lease & the Mary Kay person is out of the car, they get re-painted by GM in white, and 2 coats to prevent chipping.

Sandy,

I am sending you 5 new photos of Pinkin.

I don't see any evidence that it ever had door edge guards or initials on the doors. Also, I can't believe either the trunk or the whole car was ever painted. It looks perfect to my eyes and I have looked at a lot of cars.

Also, there is one shot of Pinkin and the 8000 mile '92 LSC.

Yes the '92 is more common, but awful nice. As I said before, wish I had Jay Leno's garage and bankroll.

Al Eggers

Do you ever take it to car shows? I try to go to all the car shows within 50 miles of Tampa. I get to see some really neat cars and talk to their owners.

Hijack or I guess I should say Hi, Jack,

No, I can't be bothered by car shows. I like to attend them once in awhile, but I'm not one to polish the top side, underside, engine, etc. etc. and sit out in the hot sun while trying to keep the sticky fingered fans away from my car.

My car is for me, I don't care about what other folks think. Besides, I am away for the summer and I have left it all by itself.

Al

Pinkin is all by herself? I hope she is okay! She looks so beautiful in the pictures, I just keep starring.

I had a great friend in High School and we are still friends. I am Sandy Block and he was Sandy Berk. Well, he just wrote to me to tell me he moved to Fla. Guess Where? YOUR town, Al ! I told him to be on the watch for Pinkin. He recalls Pinkin. He drives a 2000 Seville. He calls your town "God's Paradise" & was telling me a little of it!
Sounds like his description is 100% correct!

Back