Transmission cooler fittings

RE: Transmission cooler fittings

Bulk part rocks. They also have the elusive extension housing bering and gasket if you are doing a force lub mod.

Scott

Driller,
You need 1 kit (2 fittings) or 2 kits (4 fittings)? It doesn't want to sell me just one kit for some reason. And do you have any personal favorites when it comes to tranny coolers for the '93 Mark?

You need 1 kit (2 fittings) or 2 kits (4 fittings)? It doesn't want to sell me just one kit for some reason. And do you have any personal favorites when it comes to tranny coolers for the '93 Mark?
[/quote]

If you're going with the OEM cooler in series, one kit will suffice. If you plan on eliminating the OEM cooler, you will need 2 kits and only use half of each(the female half of each pair).

My personal favorite tranny cooler is the B&M SuperCooler # 70264 - rated for 24,000 GVW. Throw away the plastic ties meant to sandwich the cooler to the radiator - use the metal brackets. If you buy the fittings from www.bulkpart.com, get extra hose as the piece you get with the cooler is a tad short if you mount the cooler on the opposite side of the OEM tranny cooler. They have a minimum shipping charge anyways.

Ford does sell an OEM cooler(believe it or not) for the Mark VIII and I have known the transmission cooler for the Ford PowerStroke Diesel to be used with rave reviews.

Back